Most Anticipated Back-to-School Technology Tools (2013)

Even though there were only 77 respondents that took part in this survey I thought it was interesting what they said was a necessity for class. The 77 respondents that took this survey were educators and I thought it was funny that they wanted to have students use iPads and smart phones instead of usual items like laptops. The common products educators are looking forward to using are iPads, Google apps for Education, and smart phones. I understand the Apps to help students with materials or concepts that they do not understand but I think its weird how they are looking forward to using smart phones in class. The iPad is like a laptop so I would understand why those would be acceptable. Whenever I read or hear about new technological devices that can be used in class I always think back to the times when my parents did not have these sort of privileges as kids. I think its cool that we now have these privileges but we shouldn’t always rely on these devices.

Link to blog: http://hackeducation.com/2013/08/29/most-anticipated-back-to-school-technology-2013/